- Bring a large pot of water lightly seasoned with salt to a boil over high heat.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water, and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water
- In a separate large sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons of EVOO over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until golden and fragrant.
- Add red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add white wine and clams, turn heat to high and cover to steam.
- Cook until clams are open (approximately 4 - 8 minutes, depending on size).
- Transfer pasta into the sauté pan with the clams and sauce and toss well to mix
- Add pasta water until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle remaining EVOO.